This is a quick and easy recipe for raw apricot bars with coconut, poppy seeds and lemon and should only take 5 minutes to make with 30 minutes chill time. It’s a gluten free, refined sugar free and vegan friendly.
I am a huge advocate of super easy recipes and if it’s something which can be done in a food processor I’m all over that because it’s easy, requires minimal washing up. I’ve seen a lot of raw bars and protein balls on pinterest, instagram and in recipe books over the last year. I tried my hand at making these on a sunny Sunday but sadly I didn’t have the right ingredients so I just chucked in a load of ingredients, it turned out well so here’s what was in it. You could make the mix into balls or bars and all you need is a food processor. The one I have is a Phillips one which you can pick up for around £60 on Amazon.
- Measure out all dry the ingredients into the food processor
- Add the Coconut oil and honey. If you use the same measuring spoon for the honey after the oil it will prevent the honey sticking to the bottom of the spoon
- Add the lemon zest and juice
- Blitz for a few minutes in the food processor on a high speed setting
- The mix should stick together firmly if you press it between your fingers
- Line a tin with baking paper – scrunching it into a ball first will make it easier to get the mix into the corners
- Add the mix and press down with the back of a spoon until evenly compacted
- Pop into the freezer for 30 minutes then keep in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.
You could roll them into balls instead of compacting the mixture into a tin. Simply take a spoonful of mix and roll between your fingers into a ball shape, place on a lined baking sheet and leave in the freezer for 30 minutes. Store again in an air-tight container in the fridge.
You WILL need
- 250g apricots
- 150g blanched almonds
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds