Super easy 5 minute recipe for Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies.
All you need is a shop bought cake mix, a s**t tonne of icing sugar and a little bit of elbow grease…
Working long hours gives little time to do much baking or cooking so recently I’ve favoured quick fixes and slow cooker recipes. With a lot of baby showers and birthdays upcoming I wanted to find something which was quick, easy and delicious. I saw crinkle cookie recipes popping up as a quick and easy recipe so I decided to try my hand at a red velvet crinkle cookie recipe with a shortcut… red velvet cake mix.
This is such a cheat recipe but then again aren’t they always the best ones?
This is a great little one if you’re attending a last minute party or baby shower – even if you fancy making something easy to take into work – plus it looks pretty fancy too.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave
- Crack the eggs and mix with the coconut oil
- Add the liquid mixture to the cake mix and beat until a smooth but thick batter
- Spoon the batter onto your fingertips and roll into a ball
- Drop the delicious nugget into a bowl of icing sugar
- Once the ball is completely coated pop on a parchment covered baking tray
- Lather-rinse-repeat (obviously I just mean repeat!)
- Bake for roughly 15 minutes and serve with some icy cold milk
- 1 packet of Betty Crocker Red Velvet cake mix
- 2 Large eggs
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Icing sugar