If you don’t have an ice cream maker or want to give dairy free or vegan ice cream a go here is a super quick and easy recipe for coconut, lime and mint ice cream. It takes only 5 minutes, with 4 ingredients and 3 tools.
You Will Need
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves
- 4 tbsp of runny honey
- Blender/ Food Processor
- Metal loaf tin (freeze-proof container)
- Spoon for scraping the ice cream
This is perfect for dinner parties, as an accompaniment to a larger dessert or by itself as a smaller dessert – it’s fresh, light and great for any guests with dairy intolerance or vegans. There are really only 3 key steps, the third needs to be repeated every 30 minutes for 4 hours.
- Add all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth
- Pour into the container and place in the freezer
- Every 30 minutes scrape the mix to ensure that the honey doesn’t collect at the bottom and doesn’t become a solid block
Best to season with a drizzle of honey, some lime zest and maybe a sprinkling of crushed pistachios. Serve with hot desserts as an alternative to cream or ice cream or serve alone – particularly great in summer. There you have it – a quick and easy way to make ice cream without an ice cream maker which works for vegans and lactose intolerant guests!