As you may have realised although I’m a huge lover of clothes and fashion but in general I actually really dislike ‘trends’. For the most part I think they are waste of time and money often leading to sub-par quality pieces of clothing. This is because retailers focus more on quantity less on quality to feed the FASHUN beast. This is my £1.75 trick to updating an outfit without compromising on quality or shelling out for a new wardrobe.
Whilst I think shoes are a pretty cheap way to make an outfit trendier or seasonally appropriate I also think it’s even cheaper to update your own shoes with a quick bit of DIY. I am a big fan of quick and easy fashion DIY’s because I don’t have a lot of time, space or equipment to do many full scale DIY’s outside of scissors and glue!
All you will need is:
- 1 pair of flats or pumps (round toes work best)
- Around 2 metres of ribbon in a similar colour to the shoes
You won’t need any needles, thread or DIY talent just a pair of scissors.
- Cut the length of ribbon equally into two
- Fold in half and put the bottom of the loop under the ball of your foot
- Slip your foot into the shoe to hold the ribbon in place
- Wrap around and tie
This will give you the cool ballet flat style which is set to be popular in AW16 with minimal spend.